Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Julia!!!


Julia is the closest of all the siblings to me in age. Growing up we were really close. I can remember all the classes we had together were so much fun. From Sister Gormley conducting the primary choir to “Wardy Heinburger” in Mr Schuler’s AP Bio class at LP to ACC 200 at BYU, there were always super funny moments where we would laugh so hard we would cry. She is always so fun to be around and is always caring about the other people that she is with.

Julia has always been really beautiful. I don’t think I’ve had a friend that hasn’t had a crush on Julia at one time. All through high school the whole football team would ask me if they could take her out. Sorry if sometimes I’m a little bit too protective of my only younger sister.

Julia is always incredibly emotionally stable. She doesn’t have the insatiable need for attention that so many other girls do, and has always been the person that can be the peacemaker in arguments with friends. I don’t think she’s ever had a roommate that hasn’t loved her and felt like Julia was the friend she could count on to be there and do stuff with.

I always loved working with Julia up at the ranch. We had the funnest time doing stuff. One time Dan and I took out the boat and Julia came along. I did my first 360 ever on a wakeboard and Julia cheered so loud for me I felt way cool.

Even when bad things happen she’s able to deal with them well. I remember one week last year Julia had her car broken into, snowboard stolen, and sprained her knee in a soccer game all in the same week. She didn’t ever complain, just hobbled around on crutches acting like everything was alright.

I had so much fun with Julia this last year while we were in the same ward, not just because I got to scare all the guys that were in love with her. We played in a racquetball tournament together, went snowboarding, played in soccer games, motorcycle rides to parties, and pulled pranks on Chris’s apt. I’m gonna miss Julia next year at BYU! I love you, Julia!

4 comments:

  1. Good comments and pictures, Parley! We missed you at the birthday parties the last few days.

    Dad Wad

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a nice post! Yea for Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks par! i love having an older brother, especially a big one :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pics. Thanks for being a great brother for julia.

    ReplyDelete