Monday, April 13, 2009

Live Beyond the Limits

People have a way of offering you advice on stuff, especially after you’ve made up your mind to do something. I guess that isn’t necessarily bad. It’s always interesting to hear what people say. Most of the time, however, when it comes to selling security (my job this summer) it’s a little negative and pessimistic. I just wanted to tell everyone that it’s possible to succeed, and if others have done it, then what makes them better than me?

So, I’m starting this blog to keep friends/family updated on how I’m doing out there, but also I am going to write down motivational stories and thoughts here that will hopefully keep me going throughout the summer and to help me keep them organized and to share them with you. I’ll throw in a joke here and there, don’t worry.

If all the people that have done great things in the world had listened to the pessimism around them, then there would be no upsets in sports, no United States of America, and no LDS church. Sometimes you have to live beyond the limits of what others think is possible and go for what you know you can do.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Parley. I'm your first follower :). I really liked this post. Your blog is fun to read. It makes me realize I could write about more on my blog than just things we do. That's fun. So, good luck in Indiana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo, What an awesome writer you are. I am so glad you are my brother, Remember my cool quote, you can't beat the numbers and the numbers can't beat you. So if you knock on 100 doors then you will be sure to get one sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unless of course you are the exception - and forget to brush your hair (OK, I don't really forget, I just don't like to) and scare them all...
    Where are you going anyway Parley?
    California?
    That will be an experience in itself, whether you sell anything or not! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for it Parley and do live beyond the limits. It doesn't mean you have to make millions, just enough to be happy. You have the right mind set.

    ReplyDelete