Tuesday, August 4, 2009

24

Clocking in at the second longest-running espionage series in television history, 24 is my favorite TV show. In 2008, Empire magazine ranked 24 as the sixth greatest TV series of all time. I just finished season 7 and have officially watched every episode ever made.
The series is about protecting America from terrorist attacks. It has a lot of gunfights, political leverage, and ethical issues. I watch it because I like seeing someone who won’t ever give up or back down to someone threatening his country. It is riddled with plot twists and always keeps you guessing intellectually. I get so into the series. I’ve never been so emotionally attached to anything on TV before.
One of the main issues of this season is that Jack was brought under trial for torturing a terrorist in order to get information to save the people the bomb would have killed. I like this segment from the last part of the season. Jack is dying because he sacrificed himself and stopped a bio-weapon at the cost of exposing himself.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Parley, that is a good segment. Thanks for sharing something deep.

    ReplyDelete