Thursday, July 30, 2009

This past week I had the opportunity to see my dear friend Kirtley get baptized. It was a tough road with unique challenges, and she did it without the support of her parents and many of her friends. But in the end it was worth it.

Sometimes you realize that one of the best things about life is seeing people change for the better. It's worth more than money; and, to tell the truth, I don't think its something that you see happen very often.

Kirtley has been through a lot in her life. She used to believe in God and was active in a church until her parents got divorced while she was in high school. Then she lost her faith and started to go downhill.

Here is a part of a letter she wrote to me a few weeks ago:
"...Thank you for sharing your religion with me. It has made me interested and helped me find my life back again. I finally know my purpose and what I am supposed to do with my life. I know I can handle anything as long as I have my faith in my heavenly father. Thank you."
-Kirtley

"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God." -D&C 18:10

3 comments:

  1. Parles - what a nice turn of events to send you out there to sell door to door and then have you change someone's life for the better. That will be a forever accomplishment that will always give you a sense of fulfillment.

    Dad Wad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parley, that was really neat. Thanks for sharing that experience with us. Kirtley looks so happy in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. parl, this is so great. i need to hear the story!

    ReplyDelete