Thursday, April 7, 2011

Job Search

Ok, just so you don't have to call me every couple of hours to ask, here is the job situation:

In order from best to worst:
  1. PIMCO. World's largest mutual fund. Talked to them earlier this week and they said they are calling me back with an offer by Monday at the latest. One of the most prestigious places I have interviewed with. They have an exclusive contract with Alan Greenspan (please tell me you know who that is) and he comes in once a month to discuss macroeconomic factors. - Newport Beach
  2. Goldman Sachs - Told me early this week that I am on hold. (Kim Smith says this means sometimes that they have offered someone else the job and are waiting to see what they respond). Credit Research -SLC
  3. Sears Holding - Asked me today if they could fly me out to Chicago on April 22 for final round interviews with people at headquarters. Not the exact job I would want, but would pay decent - Merchandise Planning - Chicago.
  4. Capital One - Flying me out to Dallas on April 29th for final round interviews. Data Analyst - Plano, TX
  5. Fidelity - Final Round interview on April 26th. Would be working in AF as Customer service agent. Told me straight up they would pay me $35k a year. Lowest paying but would get to stay in Utah.
  6. Walmart - Never got back to me :(
  7. Interlink Capital Strategies - DC - pursuing other candidates :(
So, as long as PIMCO gives a decent offer I would probably go to Newport Beach and work for a couple years.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Good job Parley. You are going to be really successful! (Now that I've already said this you can all come up with a more original comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parley - Those first few sound like great opportunities, especially when the economy is down.

    Dad Wad

    ReplyDelete