Friday, June 26, 2009

Angels & Demons

So I barely got around to watching the movie Angels & Demons. I wanted to watch it because it is one of my favorite books ever written. The book shows the power of physics, faith, symbols, intelligence, and has some incredibly interesting plot twists. You never know who is the really an angel and who is really a demon. It portrays the conflict between science and religion. Sometimes I think you just couldn’t write a book better than that.

Well, just like it is with everything else, the movie wasn’t half as good as the book. It couldn’t quite portray the emotion, passion, or sense of serene power that enthralls the reader. But, I thought the soundtrack was beautiful. Here’s a short clip from one of the songs. Hans Zimmer never ceases to amaze. He also created the music for Gladiator, Batman, some of Pirates, and many others.

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE hans zimmer. he did the holiday soundtrack too. the guy is a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing clip, Parley! Beautiful music. It draws you in, but it stays simple to the end. I don't know quite how he makes it intensify like that. I love how Tom Hanks acts. He's changed and redefined the world of movies and acting.

    ReplyDelete